Updated version: 1.0
The purpose of our Platform is primarily [to collect data from farmers to register their projects for the generation of carbon credits and subsequent sale to companies that wish to set-off their carbon footprint] (“Services”).
- DATA PROCESSING IN CONNECTION WITH THE PLATFORM.
- Collection of Information
We collect information about you when you: (i) register to the Platform; (ii) operate and/or upload information while using our Platform; and/or (iii) contact us either through our Platform or through other direct means of electronic communication.
- Information that we collect
We get information about you in a range of ways:
- Information You Give Us. Information we collect directly from your interaction with our Platform, includes:
- Your email address, telephone number, login and password details and data provided from land and farming management activities.
- Feedback and correspondence, such as information you provide in your responses to us, when you report a problem with the Platform, receive customer support or otherwise correspond with us;
- Usage information, such as information about how you use our Platform and you interact with us.
- Your geographical region (if applicable).
- Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving marketing communications and details about how you engage with them.
- Information Automatically Collected. We may automatically record certain information about how you use our Platform (we refer to this information as “Log Data”). Log Data may include information such as a user’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, device and browser type, operating system, your location; time, date and duration of your visit to our Platform, previous visits to our Platform, the features of our Platform you browsed and the time spent on those features, the frequency with which you use the Platform, search terms, the links on our Platform that you clicked on or used, and other statistics. We use this information to administer our Platform and we analyze (and may engage third parties to analyze) this information to improve and enhance our Platform by expanding its features and functionality and tailoring it to our Users’ needs and preferences.
- Special and/or sensitive personal data that we process: We do not collect any special personal data, such as data regarding race or ethnic background, religious beliefs, criminal record, physical and mental health status, or sexual orientation. Our websites and/or service have no intention of collecting information about website visitors under the age of 16, unless they have parental or guardian consent. However, we cannot verify that a visitor is over 16. We therefore advise parents to be involved in their children’s online activities in order to prevent data about children being collected without parental consent. If you are certain that we have collected personal information about a minor without that consent, please contact us through email@example.com, and we will delete this information.
- Use of your personal data
We use Personal Data about you in connection with the following purposes:
To provide our Services:
• To provide and deliver the Services you may request, this includes administering your information and notifying you about changes to our Platform and services.
• To send you information, including confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
Platform and Services improvements:
• To ensure that content from our Platform and other online presences are presented in the most effective manner to you;
• To administer our Platform, and other online presences, for internal business administration and operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; and
• As part of our efforts to keep our Platform safe and secure.
• To optimize your user experience, this includes, operate, maintain, and improve our Platform and Services.
• To create reports, analysis, or similar services for the purposes of research or business intelligence to improve our Platform and services.
We may occasionally communicate project news, updates, promotions and related information of the Company. If you want to opt out from receiving promotional and marketing emails in relation to which you might receive in accordance with this section, you can opt out by clicking «unsubscribe» at the bottom of any email we sent you
- Cookie Statement
Cookies are small files that your computer stores when you visit a website. The website may extract information from these cookies to, for example, remember your website settings, analyses your visitor behavior or display relevant content. Local Storage is a similar technique to cookies; for convenience, we also use the term ‘cookies’ for this purpose.
On this page you will find an overview of the cookies we use on our website. This information may change regularly, because, for example, our website is being modified or because the regulations regarding cookies change. Of course, we do our best to keep this information as up to date as possible, so we recommend that you check our page regularly. Then you can always decide if you want to change the cookie settings.
We distinguish between the following types of cookies:
- Analytical Cookies: The analytical cookies allow us to analyze the use of our website. In this way, we can continuously improve functionalities and the content of our website.
- Identification / Authentication Cookies: The I/A cookies are used to identify visitors after interacting with our website. Interaction will include filling out a contact form, downloading a brochure or clicking on a link after an email you received from us. The data we collect when registering such an interaction is never shared with third parties.
- Functional (necessary) Cookies: These are necessary for our website to function properly. For example, the functional cookies are used to remember your website preferences. As a result, for example, you only must pass on your preference once in terms of accepting cookies.
Any permission you have given to us to place and read cookies can always be revoked by setting your browser to do not accept cookies or by removing all cookies already placed in your browser. However, you should keep in mind that removing cookies may result in certain parts of our website not working or not working properly. Refusing and deleting cookies only affects the computer and browser on which you perform this action. If you use multiple computers and/or browsers, you must repeat the above action(s) for each computer and/or browser.
This Cookie Statement can be changed. Changes to this Cookie Statement will be announced via our website.
If you have any questions about this Cookie Statement, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Google Analytics tracks the traffic of our website. In this way we analyze the performance of the website and we can see the effects of our marketing activities. Google Analytics records:
• From which website do you get on this website?
• How long will you stay on this website?
• What pages do you view?
• What kind of device/operating system/browser do you use?
• What forms do you fill out?
Google may provide this information to third parties if Google is required by law to do so, or to the extent that third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. We have entered into a processor agreement with Google and prohibited Google from using the analytics information obtained for other Google services. No personal data is collected and/or stored in Google Analytics. This data is not shared with third parties unless Google is required by law to do so.
- Your inquiries
For any queries you may contact us at: email@example.com . We use the data that you provide in an email to us, which you may give voluntarily, only in order to answer your contact question or to reply to your email in the best possible manner.
- YOUR RIGHTS.
You have the following rights regarding your personal data:
- Access: to obtain free information about your personal data processed at any time and a copy of this information.
- Correct: to obtain from us, without undue delay, the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you.
- Delete: to obtain from us the erasure of personal data concerning you as soon as possible.
- Restrict: in certain circumstances, to obtain from us restriction of processing your personal data.
- Object: to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time, to the processing of personal data concerning you.
- Withdraw: to withdraw your consent to processing your personal data at any time.
- Opt-out: Stop sending you direct marketing communications which you have previously consented to receive. We may continue to send you service-related and other non-marketing communications.
If you would like to submit a complaint about our use of your personal data or response to your requests regarding your personal data, you may contact us at [________] or submit a complaint to the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction.
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS.
We are entitled to transfer your personal data to third parties abroad for the purposes of the data processing. The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the United States of America, including any country that may not offer an adequate level of data protection. The transfer shall be made on the basis of a previous agreement with the third-party processor. Users hereby consent to the international transfer of data as provided above.
- DATA SECURITY.
We use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal data. Our security measures are continuously being improved in line with technical developments.
Please note that any data transmission on the Internet (e.g. communication by e-mail) is generally not secure and we accept no liability for data transmitted to us via the Internet. Unfortunately, absolute protection is not technically possible. This information does not apply to the websites of third parties and the corresponding links given on the Platform. We assume no responsibility and liability for these.
- DURATION OF DATA PROCESSING.
Retention periods are determined based on the type of record, the nature of the record and activity and the legal or regulatory requirements that apply to those records. However, we may retain your personal data for a longer period of time where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person or where we have a legitimate interest to do so.
- SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA.
We do not share your data with third parties and only provides it if necessary for the performance of our agreement with you or to comply with a legal obligation. We enter into a processor agreement with companies that process your data in our remit to ensure the same level of security and confidentiality of your data. We remain responsible for these processing operations. We may pass your information to our related entities, affiliates, administration centers, third party service providers, agents, subcontractors and other associated organizations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing our services to you.
When we use any other third party service providers, we will disclose only the personal data that is necessary to deliver the service required and we will ensure that they keep your information secure and not to use it for their own purposes.
In addition, we may transfer your personal data to a third party as part of a sale of some, or all, of our business and assets or as part of any business restructuring or reorganization, or if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation. However, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
- AMENDMENTS TO THIS POLICY.
If you have any questions or are concerned about your privacy when using our website or Platform, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org.